Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow, it's been such a long time since I've put a new post in here I'm almost embarrassed to do anything new. No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, just got busy.
Now that I'm retired, I'm slowly finding time to do some of the things I've been looking forward to for so long. Like doing more things with my dear husband; spending time creating things for myself instead of someone else; putting more into my Bible studies -- and I'm learning so much more than ever before; plus I did take on a part-time job at our church, so doing the Lord's work is a big part of my retirement.
Since I was here last we have another beautiful little granddaughter -- in fact she just turned a year old last week! And right after she was born we were so excited to have our son move back to Indiana from California. The sad thing is that just three short weeks later he was suddenly taken from us when his aorta burst. We praise the Lord that he came home before that happened and we were able to spend some time with him again. But we miss him every day.
And now I have a goal of posting to this blog on a more regular basis, I know that I will not be able to start out doing it daily, but will try to do it weekly or more often. Then perhaps I can get built up to doing it on a daily basis, even it's just to say "Thank you God for this new day!"

No comments: