Friday, June 29, 2012

New Kit at Scrap Takeout!

Barbara, creator of Precepts & Promises, has just put a new kit in the store at www.scraptakeout.com. You can find it here. It is bright & summery as the name implies -- Summer Stories. I've already made three layouts with it & have some more roaming around in my head that I want to do.
The first one I did was this:


Then I just had to do one for the boys....


And I've been working on scanning my Dad's old slides from LaGrange County taken from the 1950s clear up into the 1980s. Dad was quite the photographer & liked to go around taking pictures of things to be remembered, especially when he found that something was going to be torn down. There were also lots fishing shots -- he was an avid fisherman too. Among them I found one of our family friend, Frank, taken in 1970 & it brought to mind all the fond memories I have of him. So I pulled out a few things from the Summer Stories kit to go with Frank's pic....


Sharing memories -- that's what scrapbooking is all about! Your family, your youth, your kids, your grandkids & your faith.

No comments: