Sunday, July 15, 2012

26 Days & Counting

The countdown has officially begun! In 26 days we will pick up Nanae & Yoshi at the airport. I'm getting very excited about this; lots to do before then though.
The guest room is full -- really full. I've kind of avoided cleaning in there, but have wanted to get it done. It just keeps getting worse & worse. First there were all of Andy's things to go through. That I put off for a very long time. In fact, there's still some of his things in there. Then when Marge died a couple of months later we added more things. And since Mom went into the nursing home, it filled up more...now that we've sold her house, it's really a mess. And so is the computer/sewing/craft room & the toy room. Just full of things that need to be gone through & organized. But with Nanae & Yoshi coming I now have a deadline to get it finished. First I have to clean out the computer/sewing/craft room. Lots of weeding out of things there. I've got a good start on it & should be in there working on it right now. Then I will have room in there for the things (especially the stuff from Mom's house.) When that is finished, I'll get busy on the guest room. If I don't get the toy room all cleaned out before they get here, then I guess that's just the way it has to be. I also need to do a lot of "spring cleaning" in the rest of the house. It's not bad, but just needs to be done.
In the evenings I've been working on something to put on my digital photo frame. Memories from when Nanae was living with us, from our trip to Japan & a few other things. Barbara sent me some new templates to work on & I've been incorporating them into something for the frame. Here's the two that I have completed so far:


This one is from when we first met Nanae & she was living with us as an exchange student.


Then I did this one (kind of reversed from the first one) from when we went to their wedding in Japan. I'll try to post all of them as I go.
Well, I'd better get to cleaning or I'll never be ready!

No comments: