Friday, July 6, 2012

Triple Digits Hit Again

Did you ever hear of the expression "It's so hot outside you could fry an egg on the sidewalk!"? I think that's what we have today. It's up to 101. I'm not sure how I ever survived without A/C. Even though it's just a small window jobber, it sure does help keep things cool. I've been so full of energy for the circumstances that I've found my sewing table & am getting the sewing area cleaned up. I think I could even do some work on my sewing machine if I had any energy left. But while I was doing that, I had grandson Matt cleaning out my Tupperware cupboard. Now this evening I will need to go through the two boxes of plastic containers & deem what is still useful, what needs to be kept, what needs to be given away & what needs to be pitched.
So in the space of just three days I've unearthed so many things that I'm getting really motivated to get everything organized again. I have some of my kitchen cupboard totally cleaned & organized; my sewing room has space in it again & I'm ready to tackle the next "space" on my list -- that Tupperware cupboard & the shelves by my sewing machine. Maybe I'll get organized & cleaned before Nanae & Yoshi arrive in just a little over a month. It's only taken me two and a half years of retirement to get motivated!
Be persistent is my new motto!

No comments: