Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bsuy Week -- Breather Today

What a jam-packed week we've been having!
Saturday we had the whole family over for a picnic barbecue, I guess I mentioned that in my last post. Then on Sunday we took Nanae & Yoshi to the Silver Hawks game in South Bend. They lost 10 to 6 :( But we had a lot of fun anyhow, lots of action with scores that high. I think both teams could use new pitchers!! LOL

They had a special salute to fallen heroes & the Hawk cheered on with the audience in recognition of them.
Monday Dave, Yoshi & Matt went fishing in the morning. Then after lunch it was off to the grocery store. Yoshi has been so good to our grand kids -- they love playing with him!
Monday evening we went to visit some Amish friends of ours & went for a buggy ride in the rain...I had some time today to play a little & did this scrapbook page to remember the occasion:

Tuesday was another full day with a trip to Dallas Lake & a pontoon ride around the lake while visiting with one of Nanae's friends from the softball team back in high school. And me? -- I forgot to take my camera - YIKES!
The afternoon held Frisbees in the back yard, riding the lawn tractor. A trip to Westview to meet the sixth grade teacher topped off the evening. Yoshi teaches sixth grade near Tokyo, so it was fun for him to visit the school.

It is so peaceful & quiet here right now -- it's fun to have company & be doing a lot of things, but it is also good to take time out to rest a bit.






1 comment:

Melissa Czapor said...

Yikes you do sound busy! It sounds like you are enjoying the moments and I am so happy for you. I just had to share 2 things - first my daughter goes to a school named Westview. Secondly, I teach sixth grade!! I hope the rest of Nanae and Yoshi's stay is as wonderful as what you have already shared!! Blessings and Hugs!