Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Arrival

At last our grandson has arrived! He was born last Friday & chaos ensued for several days after that.
Here's a layout I did Friday evening:


If you're on any websites I frequent then you may have already seen it.

Well, lots of other things have been happening in my life as well. I am seriously considering doing an Emmaus Walk later this year. An Emmaus Walk is a 72-hour spiritual retreat offered to committed, church-going Christians who have a personal relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is something I have thought about & prayed about for a number of years & now the time has come to make the commitment.

Our church is also considering a "Fruitful Congregation" experience. This takes about three years to complete & is a huge commitment, but one that I really think is part of God's plan for the Howe UMC.

I would like to ask you to pray for me & for our congregation as we make these decisions. We need to do this prayerfully & look to the Holy Spirit for guidance.

And there's one other covenant that I've made & that's being involved with Kathy Carter's Project Faith-Book. It's similar to something I did a year and a half ago. I don't know quite what to expect, but our first assignment is to do a layout about who we are. Hope you go very deep Kathy & we get to the depth of our souls. I feel God is really pulling me to do something that will make a difference & dig deep within as I cling to His promises & develop my relationship with Him.

Here's my first layout (I decided to do this in 8½x11 size instead of my usual 12x12).



Thanks for listening.

No comments: