Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's About Time

My last post has been a while ago, it's about time I got around to blogging again. :)
I've really been doing lots of commenting at Gotta Pixel, the major part of my job as a Praiser there. Plus feeling the need to do some learning I signed up for The Art of Blending at Digital Scrapper. This is just week one, but it's got my mojo working overtime! The class was a bit expensive in my book, but it's for 10 weeks which breaks down to less than $10 a class. I have forever access to the class materials -- this week we got over 200 textures to use in our blending (the class is for Photo Shop & Elements users). Here's what I did for my first assignment:

 
Isn't it amazing the difference a little blending can do? This isn't my first class on blending, I had one at Scrap Girls several years ago, but this class is an advanced class, so I'm hoping to learn lots more. Linda has gone into taking photos with the intention of blending them. Lots of good tips right in that first video - there were two others & an introduction video as well as some pre-class videos. I'm totally impressed with her teaching methods. The only thing I miss is that there doesn't seem to be a chat room at this website -- bummer. But Linda is very quick to answer questions in the forum set up especially for class members.
I had a little time yesterday to do another & used my blended photo in this layout remember our trip to Brazil in 2008:
 
 
This is so different from the flat lands where I live that it is always something special to see so many hills & mountains -- really fascinating to me, if not a little scary. Don't get me too close to the edge please!
 
Then there's Dave, he's hurting so badly that I just want to take away all of his pain. He has a pinched nerve in his back & has been laid up for several weeks now. Just when he thinks he's getting better, he goes & twists & has to start all over. I think this time he has finally learned that he needs to take it more slowly when he starts feeling better. It's really not his nature to sit around day after day & is anxious to be outside working in the yard. In reality thought, he can hardly make it from one side of the house to the other. Please pray for him that he will finally realize some relief from all this pain.
 
Lastly, there's this Fruitful Congregation Journey that we are trying to decide if the church is going to participate in. I'm still feeling called to join if we do. And I've pretty much determined that the Emmaus Walk will be on my agenda for October. Again, continued prayers for these decisions.
 
May God bring you blessing after blessing as you journey through your walk in the world.
 

No comments: