Monday, April 23, 2012

Journaling Prompt - Quality

Quality of friendship that is...which makes me think of "loving someone warts and all" and then I automatically me think of our dog Nikki. She has developed some nasty looking warts the last year. And she's lost fur down the middle of her back, which makes her really strange looking now, but as faithful as ever. Her joints are stiff & it's hard for her to get into the car & impossible to get into the Jeep. One of her favorite things is to go for rides with us. Now she hardly responds to us when we ask if she wants to go with us. But we still love her and she still is our great protector.
But I digress. What makes for a good quality of friendship? In my mind it is someone you can share all your joys with and they are happy for you; someone you can share all your sorrows with and they are there to cry with you; someone you can hang out with and say nothing at all and they aren't uncomfortable with being there. That is the difference between a "friend" and an "acquaintance".
I have been blessed with many new acquaintances this year who are quickly becoming friends. For this I am grateful. We have poured our hearts out at the My Life; My Faith class. We're learning about each other on the Design Team at Faithfully Yours and becoming friends. And my Makeover Group is such a sharing, caring group of people who encourage one another through all the hills and valleys of our walk through life.
Some of the above mentioned people I have known for years; some of them I have only known for a few weeks; but our common bond is our trust in God as our Savior. And I truly thank God for all He's done for me in my life, but especially this last month. And I thank Him for the people He has put in my path on my journey through life. I'm praying that He will bless you all!
Thank you Lord, praise you Jesus!

1 comment:

Melissa Czapor said...

Thanks for getting me thinking about friendship and what it really is. One of my friends and i often discuss this - because many people see it differently than we do. And you my friend, described it just as she and i do!! Hugs!