Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Journaling Prompt - Distortion

The distortion of light brings confusion to me.
That is what my journaling prompt said for today.

After finishing up my DAR scrapbook and having the Genealogical Society & UMW program over with last night I am feeling a little bit of confusion this morning. Add to that Dave's problem with depression last night and this morning & I would definitely say that confusion seems to be a good word for today for both of us.
He has asked me to stay home from work today. Not a problem, I already have the bulletins finished & off to Pastor Jean for approval. If he falls asleep this morning, I'll probably run up & take the mail up to the church.
I'm not sure what triggered Dave's depression, but I'm  going to assume it is a number of things. However I will say that even through my business of the last few days I have seen it coming. It's so easy to deny when this happens; or to think that I'm imagining it. Yesterday he forgot to take his morning medicine which didn't help matters at all. Then last night he went to his first meeting as a church trustee. Not a good combination at all. Meetings in general are difficult for him. Then add our study of Spiritual Gifts -- he keeps saying that he doesn't have any, I keep telling him he does! And the Bible also says that God gives Spiritual Gifts to everyone. I'm praying right now that the medication he has taken today will help him & he will be able to go to class today. I really think that satan is trying very hard to discourage him because God has so many great things for him to do. Saturday night he is supposed to talk to the kids at the Coconut Hut and that may be working on him as well. Or maybe what he has to say to them is something satan doesn't want the kids to hear because it may make a difference in someones life and turn them on to Jesus. I know satan doesn't want that to happen!
I'm just sort of rambling here -- and praying at the same time. If you read this, please pray for Dave.

No comments: