Friday, May 4, 2012

Prompt - Happily

Today we are to be "Happily Journaling About ____"
I'm continuing to get hung up on my last post about "Still."  I need to slow down & be still. It's been totally amazing how many things God has put in my path this week about being still...the In Touch devotional by Charles Stanley had one this week; I jotted down Psalm 46:10 several times this week "Be still and know that I am God"; this morning's GodVine message I was reminded about being still; and now just before I started journaling here I read Dawn's ezine where she talked about living for today and how we so often are more worried about what's going to happen tomorrow that we forget to thank God for today. So I am happily journaling about what a wonderful relaxing day it is today; praising God for giving me eyes to see and ears to hear the birds that are in a flurry in the backyard - for taking time to just enjoy His wonderful creation. And I'm also praising Him for giving me the strength to accomplish all the chores that I've gotten finished this week. It seems as if a burden has been lifted -- as if there is a light at the end of the tunnel of my many tasks which I need to complete. I'm not saying that the list is completed, but He has given me the perseverance to stay with the projects I've started and see them to completion.
Sure I'll set new goals for tomorrow. Sure I'll have new adventures to explore. Sure there will be more projects, in fact there are already many projects on my table, but they will be accomplished in due time. And I'll enjoy God's creation and His company as we walk down this road.
My newest endeavor is a study with Pastor Jean to discover my spiritual gifts. We all have at least one. I've done this before, but it's been a long time ago & I'm not sure what I discovered before. I'm open to what God has in store for me now. I will go hand in hand with Him leading and me following. PTL!!

1 comment:

Melissa Czapor said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Ann!! I just know God has but you in my life to walk this journey with me. Your posts often speak to my heart and remind my of what's important. I had not read your post until today. Yet, know your post is the third thing I've read about living in the moment!! I guess God is definitely sending me a message!! Thank you my friend!! Blessings!!