Monday, May 21, 2012

Journaling Prompt - Doodling

Doodling is a form of meditation.
I used to doodle all the time back when I was in school -- first I remember the arrow tracks I used to do around my school notes. Then there were the flames later on. When I doodled with my Bamboo Tablet this evening I was planning on doing some of each of these, which I did do. But the flames reminded me that next Sunday is Pentecost. That made me think about God & His beautiful creation. And further, that reminded me of flowers & how I used to always draw daisies.
So doodling, did help me meditate on my creator....


And today we re-declared war on the raccoon(s) that has (have) been invading our backyard. A very long time ago we started bringing in the suet blocks inside every night. Then a few weeks ago he started getting into the bird feeder, so we started scooping the seeds out of there every night too. This week he went even farther and started getting into the oriole feeder, eating the jelly & knocking down the oriole & hummingbird nectar feeders as well as knocking down the birdbath. A couple of nights ago he was up in the bird feeder. He scared me & I scared him! Last night was the final straw - he came up on the porch & knocked over the potted plants. He's even gotten so bold that he has shown up before dark a few times & I got this photo of him under the bird feeder:


I found & ordered something that is supposed to help. If that doesn't work I'm afraid that Dave may be sitting out back in the evening with his rifle. Will see first if this helps. As for this evening, everything is in the garage & the potted plants are down on the ground instead of on their stands, at least they can't tip into the ones below them.



No comments: