Thursday, February 23, 2012

Busy Thursday

What a strange and busy day it has been. We woke up to fog and the possibility of slick roads; to school delays that turned into longer delays and closing for some of the area schools; this in turn lead to having our grandson with us all day.

We needed to pick up a prescription, so a trip to Sturgis was on the agenda. The fog lifted in late morning, so we headed north and picked up the prescriptions, stopped at WalMart for a couple of items and then took Matt to Wendy's for lunch. After that we went grocery shopping.

In the afternoon I worked on the bulletins for Sunday; have the one done for Howe and the one for Pretty Prairie almost done. The afternoon also brought a bunch of questions and contacts with people I haven't talked to in a very long time. First Victoria wanted to know about getting her foot in the door with freelancing her graphic design work. That lead to contacting Ella since I couldn't remember the name of the FaceBook group from Fort Wayne that I used to belong to and one that she had invited me to join. Got that and had a nice chat with Victoria online. I think it gave her some good ideas.

This was kind of sad because Victoria was one of Andy's friends. She was here briefly a couple of years before he died -- they took a canoe trip on the river and ended up at our house. Not one of Andy's fond memories I'm sure, they tipped the canoe over and he lost his glasses in the process.

A while later I got a call from Cori about the InDesign program at work wondering if I had ever run into the problem she was having. I hadn't, but since Victoria recently graduated from design school I went back online and chatted with her some more. We never did figure out an answer for Cori, but gave her some leads that might help. I think she's going to end up disabling and removing the program on her computer tomorrow then reinstalling it to see if that will fix the problem. Really made me glad I'm retired and not having to deal with all that mess any more!

Focused some more on the baptism of Christ and what He did for us while He was with us on earth. I'm still in awe of what a glorious thing He did for us -- for me! I need to start reading my Lenten study book this evening.

No comments: