Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Busy Day

I thought Monday was busy -- nothing compared to Tuesday!
Got the Communicator done & to the post office before 3, but not without annoying little set-backs. Only one paper jam during the printing process, Yea!! Sometimes that is a real issue with the copier/printer & using the tabloid-sized paper. And I had to replace the toner during the process, no problems there; last month I had to have someone come & replace the toner for me, I couldn't get the cartridge out of the machine. I wasn't being forceful enough, but I sure didn't want to break anything. Since I had new labels (a different brand) I decided to run the first page just to make sure all was lining up right. No problems there; but when I went to do the rest of the pages, it printed the first one over & then skipped 29 people. Randomly! On days when I am just doing my printing I will just take up my laptop & run on battery-power. Since it took longer than I expected, my battery ran down to the point of turning off my computer. Time for lunch, so I took it all home, plugged in the laptop to charge it back up & Dave (thank you!) helped me get them folded & labeled plus helped me figure out who didn't have a label. Since there were so many I decided to go back up & print them off instead of hand writing them. Oh one other little annoyance -- when I put my glasses on to come home for lunch I got my nose-piece stuck up my nose. Like I said, they were annoying little set-backs. LOL!
The day progressed & I got everything done for church. Still had to take Mom's laundry down to her. Planning on doing that right after I finished supper.
Another monkey-wrench in the works: the monitor on the desktop went out. Dave had been without a computer for two days now. I think he was having withdrawal! So an adjustment was made. I took the clothes down before supper & then we went monitor shopping after supper which meant I needed to get it hooked up before I went to bed. And I so wanted to go to the Sketch Chat. Adorable idea from Cheri at Scrap Girls; just let me scrap for a while. Well, I got everything hooked up before the chat was over, so I went into the chat room & no one was there. :( Sigh!)
Then "Oh, happy day!" I checked & I was there early, the chat didn't start until 9 instead of 8. So I decided I'd get started on a layout. It went so quickly and easily that I had it finished before the chat even started. Here it is --
The day ended up being an enjoyable one; and just looking at these photos of Matt made me smile.

No comments: