Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ahhhh......

Whew, finally a day to relax a little bit!
First, yesterday's Lenten study went well. Our subject was "Why do the innocent suffer?" Good advice on relating to those who are suffering. Of course if you have suffered something similar, you can truly sympathize. But if you haven't what do you say to someone who is having to deal with a heavy load? I can't help but think of my friend Julie whose husband has just come home for the hospital. Hospice is there and we all know that things don't look good for Norm. He's been battling cancer for a number of years, but I don't think he's going to make it this time.
Julie & I can relate to one another because we have both lost a son. But I can't relate to losing a spouse (for which I am very thankful.) So often people try to comfort you with something like "It's God's will" or "It was his time to go." But really, what comfort is that? I think what I learned the most is that I need to be a good listener -- to Julie & to Norm right now; but more importantly I need to listen to the Holy Spirit who will give me the words that are just right for the two of them. The closer I get to God, the better equipped I am to be able to help others. And isn't that what we're all here for - to help others?

And on a lighter note, I've been downloading scrapbooking supplies today. The new pixel club is up at Gotta Pixel; the new Scrap Club is up at Scrap Girls; and there is a new Blog Train rolling through the Internet. Oh wow, am I gonna do some scrapping? You bet I am!

No comments: