Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Journal Post Three - Whisper

In the quiet comes a whisper; guess the last few days have been so noisy that I haven't heard the whisper. At least I haven't heard it clearly enough to take time to write about it. But I have been thinking a lot about it. Sometimes life gets so busy that we forget to listen for the still small voice of God. He's always there, all we have to do is stop & listen!
There has been a gentle breeze lately & the weather was warm enough last week to put out my wind chimes. I've been collecting them for about six years now I think. Each time we take a vacation I try to find a new one & my husband & kids have been giving them to me for gifts too. Now I think I have about 20 hanging on the patio. You may think it would be loud & distracting, but it's really not. I like to think of them not only as a reminder of the trips we've taken & the love of my family but also of God's whispers as they chime in the breeze. They have many different tones from little tingles to wooden claps (soft ones) and that makes me think of the many ways that God inspires me & talks to me. Sometimes it's just a nudge to do something I should; other times He has to almost hit me up the side of my head to get my attention. As I grow in my faith, I'm learning more & more to listen for His instruction before I go out & do it on my own. How about you? What are some ways that you listen for/to God?

No comments: