Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WooHoo!

I am so excited this evening. I got called to the Design Team at Faithfully Yours. And on top of that I've seen God answering prayers almost before they were uttered!
Fritz, Dave & I went down to Mom's house this morning to move things out of the way for the vinyl & carpet to be installed tomorrow. We are a little concerned about Mom's reaction though. She's been a little depressed & we came to the conclusion that it's because of us getting the house ready to put on the market & that we are having to go through all her treasures & make decisions what will be saved & what won't be saved. All I can say is that there is a ton of work to do down there. Fritz would like to have it on the market by the end of the month -- that's only 3 weeks to get it all done!
When we got home I checked the email & found one from Dawn at Faithfully Yours. I've applied to several websites/designers to be a part of their Creative or Design Team but have always gotten rejection letters. That was what I was expecting because she had sent out an email saying there were so many applications that it was taking longer than they expected, but would have a decision made the first week in March. My biggest concern about this is the fact that this website leans mostly to paper scrapping, not digital. One of the reasons I applied was the fact that they are trying to have more digital things available. So I decided that I'd really like to get in on the ground floor of the digital aspect. Reading the email from Dawn, it sounded a lot like they are expecting paper designers. I can do that, but I'm not sure that I want to go back to that -- digital is so much more creative in my mind. I needed to pray about it before I gave my answer.
After lunch we went to the Lenten study up at the church. It was a good session where we talked about prayers; lots of discussion about images people have of prayer. One of those is people who only pray when they have problems. Then there are those who thank the Lord for every little thing & give Him credit for opening up a parking space at the mall. We need to remember that God doesn't always answer prayers the way we think He should. He's not going to answer your prayers that would cause someone else to become like a puppet or to go against natural laws. Although God does perform miracles, it is not the norm. To me prayer is simply communing with God -- and a part of communing is listening. Yes, I ask for healing, for miracles from time to time, and for help in making decisions. That's what I asked for at the study class today. When we got home I decided answer Dawn's questions, but wait for an answer from God about whether I should accept the position or not.
When I finished I thought why not put out a plea on the Makeover 2012 group on Facebook to be able to know God's will for me in this situation. As I was typing my post Kathy was typing another post. In her post was the following "HE made each of us beautiful in our own way and gave us 'wings with which to fly'......He knows our abilities and limitations......it's up to us to use the "wings" He's given us to the best of our ability......"  I got my answer. Thank you Lord.
Now I've gotten an email from Dawn answering my question about the digital thing -- and I'm the digital designer on the team! Oh wow, now I need prayers to do my best & I give all the glory to God! Praise the Lord!!!

No comments: