Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting Ready for Lent

As the Lenten season approaches I have been thinking about how people give things up for Lent. While this is by no means a bad thing, I'm going to take a different road -- perhaps the "Road Less Traveled" and try to do some new things this year.

My first "new" thing will be a Wednesday Lenten study. Our new pastor is offering this as an afternoon or an evening study during the Lenten season. Since this is the night several of us usually get together for Bible study, we will take a break from that (we just finished up a study on Romans, so the other member and; I are looking for a new study topic.)It will be good to be a participant instead of the leader for a while. I do enjoy leading our little group though.

The other thing I am going to try to do is use this blog for daily journaling. I've tried before and; never get very far with it. This time I will try harder! Several ladies in our church have been using Face Book for an inspiration to make improvements in their life. I have joined them and it has worked!

I've also joined another Face Book group on Faithbooking -- scrapbooking my faith. I've worked on this for several years, but never been too involved in Faithfully Yours (that's the webiste associated with the Face Book group.) My main reason for not being too involved was the fact that they seemed to be more into paper scrapping or hybrid scrapping. I'm just not that interested in doing that -- give me digital and I'm all set! Now they are expanding to include more digital, so count me in please. :)

Since tomorrow is Fat Tuesday followed by Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent I thought I'd get a head start. Hoping to journal and to include my faithbooking layouts here.

No comments: