Saturday, February 25, 2012

Procrastination

Oops, I missed a day -- procrastinated it away when it came to this blog. I thought about it several times, but never when I was near my computer. I guess I was a little rebellious yesterday, I went to my Friday Night Speed Scrap at Gotta Pixel (part of my regular routine now for about a year) and I haven't even started a layout for it. This is a slow speed scrap :) and not due until 5 this afternoon. Maybe I can still work it in. And maybe I can do two posts here today -- a morning and an evening one.
My word for yesterday seemed to be patience. It popped up everywhere I looked, or at least it seemed that way. Now this is somewhat of a puzzlement to me as I've always been told that I was a very patient person. I saw it in make-over 2012, in my faithbooking FB and even in my devotions which made me look back at one of my old devotional magazines which focused the whole month on patience. That is another weird story too. It was the devotional from August and about halfway through the month I couldn't find it. I felt so lost for the rest of the month. Then a week ago I was down to the last roll of toilet paper in my bathroom ( buy had a 24-roll package of them) and when I pulled the plastic bag it was in, there was my August devotional. It had slid down under the package. So anyway I started reading it again. Amazingly, I remembered some of the things in there. So I'm taking a new look at patience. No words of wisdom right now, maybe this evening when I post again I'll get it out and share some of the thoughts that stuck out to me.
Fritz, Diane and I met down at Mom's house today with Pat. He measured for replacing the carpet in the kitchen, bathrooms and the computer room. Getting the house ready for the market. We met earlier in the week with Irene from the real estate agency we'll be using. Fritz is hoping we can get $120,000 out of it. I'd be happy if we can get $100,000. A few years ago we could have probably gotten $150,000, but the market is down so much now that I'm not sure we will do well at all. We just want to sell it and be done. But there is much to do to finish up before someone could even think of moving in. Lots to clean out and go through. Makes my head spin just to think of it.
Hmmmm.....maybe patience is a good word for me; Dave is on me for not getting around and going down to see Mom instead of doing this. Goodness, if I interrupted him and was on him as much as he is on me he'd be so upset!
More tonight.

No comments: